im Vordergrund liegt die Punbrugge, eine historische Brücke über den Villgrater Bach. Darüber am Berg die Burg Heinfels.

The Brückenwirt owes its name to the historic Punbrugge.

“brugge” = Brücke = bridge
“wirt” = guesthouse

In 1548, the Punbrugge was mentioned for the first time in a documentary, while in 1781 Swabian carpenters built the present building on the run from French troops.
The bridge was erected as a suspended structure on bricked intermediate piers. The statue of St. John Nepomuk dates back to 1800.